‘ A place that ever calls…’
Credit card gifts made online for the 2014 calendar year should be entered no later than noon on December 31, 2014. Credit card gifts sent by mail should be received in this office by December 31. Checks by mail will need to be postmarked by December 31 to be counted in the 2014 calendar year.
Make a Gift Now
The scholarship program will provide a combination of gift aid (federal, state, institutional, and private scholarships and grants), thereby guaranteeing that eligible Mississippi resident students get financial aid support to cover the average cost of tuition, residence hall housing and an allowance for meals. Students have opportunities to cover the remaining cost of books, transportation and personal expenses through the federal work-study program, loans or personal resources.
Students must meet the following criteria for eligibility:
• Mississippi resident (eligible to pay resident tuition)
• U.S. citizen
• A new freshman beginning summer or fall 2010
• Degree-seeking and enrolled full-time at UM
• Family Adjusted Gross Income (as defined on the 2009 federal tax return) at or below $30,000
• Confirmation that the student will qualify for a Federal Pell Grant, as determined by the 2010-11 Free Application for Federal Student Aid, or FAFSA
• High school grade-point average of 2.5 or higher
Matching Gifts from Employers - Does Your Employer Participate?